System Linux Administrator
Our preferred candidate will be experienced in managing large-scale, complex technical environments made up of a heterogeneous blend of activities. They will have gained R&D and production experience in laboratory-style environments. In this authoritative and hands-on role, you will be responsible for the monitoring, managing and maintenance of a Linux environment, which encompasses HPC servers and an Isilon storage system. This role offers an exceptional opportunity for a dedicated system manager or administrator to develop their skills set in a fast-growing and highly-interesting biomedical and genetics environment replete with high-end computer technology.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers
- Maintaining, Configuring, and installing services such as Apache, MySQL across thousands of servers.
- Will work closely with development teams, architects and environment teams to deliver multiple projects
- Provide reactive and proactive measures to correct and prevent issues.
- Report on system performance and create reports and data to monitor to support planning and forensic analysis.
- Support customer requests via phone calls and work orders
- 5+ years experience in operating, building, designing and troubleshooting large Linux/Unix-based systems.
- C and C++ knowledge is a plus.
- Technical degree or work experience equivalent
- Troubleshooting skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills;
- Technical English.
- Self organization skills.
- Good team work experience.
Request a free quote & start your career with us
Take a 1 week risk free trial. Starting at $1850 a month.
None of your personal data will be sold. No spam is guaranteed!
+ 1 646 564 5598
+ 38 044 451 6764